Spring is here! While most are at home during this stressful time, why not take this time to do some spring cleaning! Most people consider dusting and mopping the whole house; however, it is important to consider your plumbing as well. After a long and cold winter, it is important to check up on your plumbing. Regular maintenance will increase the life and efficiency of your plumbing fixtures and system.
Here is a useful checklist for you to review to ensure you are giving your plumbing the spring cleaning love it needs:
- Clean gutters, downspouts, and vents on the roof.
- Inspect your pipes for any leaks or damage (or have one of our experienced Mississauga plumbers inspect them for you).
- To prevent odors and gases, snake any slow floor drains to remove clogs, and pour a gallon of water into infrequently used floor drains.
- Cleanse the traps beneath your kitchen, bathroom, and laundry sinks.
- Inspect your hose for leaks or damage. If dripping continues after a replacement have been done, there may be a cracked frozen pipe.
- Do a thorough maintenance check on your water heater.
- Install backwater valves on floor drains to prevent sewer backups.
- To deep clean the drains in your home, use a bacterial drain cleaner in all drains.
- Mesh strainers should be placed on all your drains to prevent hair and other debris from entering the drain.
- Your sump pump should be checked to ensure it is working efficiently. Simply pour water into the basin and trip the lever.
- Thoroughly clean shower heads and faucets for mineral build-up.
- Inspect your water supply lines for your faucets, toilets, washing machines, and other appliances that use water.
- Clean out your washing machine lint trap.
- Thoroughly clean your garbage disposer and repair if needed.
- Do a leak check in and around your home.
Call us at (647) 878-9293 for all your plumbing needs!